Are you self-conscious about the appearance of your smile? With our Oklahoma City veneers, you can conceal imperfections on your front teeth, like chips and stains, for a more aesthetically appealing appearance. Visit your dentist today to learn more about veneers and if you are a good candidate for this treatment.
Veneers can be used to correct a wide range of issues. Some of these include:
– Covering discolored teeth
– Misaligned or uneven teeth
– Worn or gapped teeth
This is just a short selection of some of the imperfections dental veneers can help address. However, you’ll need to consult with a dental professional to ensure veneers can help your dental situation.
Generally, the entire process of installing dental veneers can be completed in just three office visits. These office visits are usually scheduled in the following order:
– Consultation: At your initial appointment, your dentist will perform a full examination of your mouth to ensure you are a good candidate for dental veneers. They may also take x-rays or molds of your teeth. You will review your aesthetic goals to determine exactly how veneers can improve your situation.
– Prep work: To prepare your teeth for the thin, film-like covering that will later be applied, your dentist will reshape the tooth surface and remove enamel. Then, a model of your teeth is sent to a laboratory, where your veneers are manufactured and sent to your dentist. If necessary, your dentist may provide you with temporary veneers to wear while you await the final product.
– Bonding: The final, big step is bonding your veneers to your teeth. Before cementing the veneers on, your dentist will adjust them for size and fit multiple times. Once the veneer has been cemented to your teeth, a light beam is used to quickly harden the material. Then, the dentist will assess your bite, remove any leftover cement, and make any final adjustments. Patients are sometimes asked to return in a few days or weeks to ensure no additional alterations need to be made.
The process of placing dental veneers is rather quick and painless when compared to other procedures. With your dentist, you can work to improve your smile in just three quick office visits.
Veneers are designed to last 7-15 years, so you will reap the benefits of this one-time procedure for years to come. They also do not require any special or additional care, other than maintaining proper oral hygiene and using mouthwash as usual. However, it is a good idea to avoid stain-inducing foods or drinks, such as coffee or red wine. Porcelain veneers are designed to be stain-resistant, but over the course of several years they may begin to show initial signs of staining. If you notice any problems, be sure to contact our office, but otherwise, you are all set to enjoy your new smile and newfound self-confidence!